These crumpets remind me so much of my childhood. My mom used to make these directly onto her stove top on a Saturday morning and we gobbled them up as quickly as she could make them.
- 1 1/2 cups milk (may need another ½ cup)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbspoons melted butter
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Beat eggs and sugar well.
2. Add the melted butter and 1/2 the milk and beat again.
3. Gradually add the sifted dry ingredients and milk alternately and beat until smooth.
4. Allow the mixture to rest in the fridge for at least an hour.
5. Pour spoonfuls in buttered frying pans or stove plates.
6. Serve with lashings of butter and orange blossomed honey, marmalade or jam.
Orange-blossom honey comb