This is a wonderful old classic that is delicious on a warm summer’s day and is a lovely way to welcome guests. It is made with a mixture of freshly squeezed Orange juice and Tequila and the Grenadine (which is heavier/more dense) rises slowly from the bottom simulating a sunrise.
- 90 ml (or 6 Tbsp) Tequila
- 180 ml freshly squeezed Orange juice
- 30 ml (or 2 Tbsp) Grenadine
1. Pour the Tequila and Orange juice into a tall (highball) glass over ice.
2. Gently pour the Grenadine over a spoon down the side of the glass. It will sink to the bottom. Do not stir.
3. Garnish with a cherry and a slice of orange suspended with a toothpick.
Vodka/Russian sunrise: Use Vodka instead of Tequila
Caribbean sunrise: Use Rum instead of Tequila