A delicious salad of warm caramelised roasted beetroot and butternut complemented with tangy orange, creamy feta and crispy walnuts served with a citrus vinaigrette.
- 500 g small beetroot, peeled and cut into cubes
- 500 g butternut, peeled and cut into cubes
- 6 spring onions
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 oranges
- 4 cups of mixed lettuce, baby spinach and rocket
- 250 g Danish feta
- 100 g toasted walnuts
- 15 g Italian parsley, chopped
- 15 g bean sprouts
1. Prepare all the ingredients.
2. Roast the beets and butternut at 180 degrees C for 30 minutes.
3. Toast the walnuts carefully in a frying pan for a few minutes and set aside.
4. Prepare the salad dressing and pour into a small jug for serving. (See recipe for basic orange vinaigrette)
5. With a sharp pairing knife remove all the rind and pith from the oranges and cut into segments.
6. Place the salad leaves on a serving platter, and arrange the roasted beets and butternut on top with orange segments between them.
7. Scatter the red onion slices and spring onions over the salad and add the feta pieces.
8. Drizzle some of the orange vinaigrette over the salad and finally scatter the toasted walnuts, chopped parsley and the sprouts on top.
Serve with a delicious citrus vinaigrette