These muffins can be made using the orange marmalade recipe from the section on preserves.
- 250 g cake flour
- 30 g Jungle oats
- 250 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarb
- Pinch of salt
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- 2 Tbsp sunflower oil
- 250 g plain yoghurt
- 1 large egg
- 12 tsp chunky marmalade Old Fashioned Marmalade
1. Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease and flour a muffin tray for 12 muffins.
2. Mix together the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and bicarb.
3. In a separate bowl, blanch the zest and then whisk with the orange juice, oil, yoghurt and egg. Lightly stir the two mixtures together until combined.
4. Spoon 1 Tbsp of the mixture into the muffin holders, add a teaspoon of marmalade on top and then cover this with the remaining muffin mix.
5. Sprinkle the jungle oats on top. (Lightly toast beforehand in a dry pan on the stove.) Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until cooked through and golden and allow to cool slightly.