Serve with a tangy citrus vinaigrette.
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 Tbsp refined peanut oil
- 80 g mixed sweet baby greens (seasonal baby lettuce; baby spinach,
- rocket and basil)
- 4 large navel oranges, peeled and segmented (See Segmenting an Orange)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup Demerara sugar
- 4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
1. Place the walnuts in a non-stick frying pan and fry in peanut oil over medium heat.
2. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly until lightly browned. (Be vigilant as they burn easily.)
3. In a large bowl, toss the toasted walnuts, baby salad greens, orange segments and sliced red onion.
4. In a salad shaker (or jar with a lid,) mix the olive oil, orange juice, sugar, vinegar, mustard, oregano and pepper. Seal the jar and shake to mix.
5. Divide the salad green mixture into four individual servings,
6. To serve, sprinkle with blue cheese, and drizzle with the citrus vinaigrette dressing.