- 4 Oranges
- Ready mix Vanilla Cake (I like Ina Paarman’s)
1. Make a bonfire! While the fire is getting ready, prepare the orange cakes.
2. Cut the top off each orange and set aside, to use as lids for each cake. Scoop out the orange pulp. Prepare the cake mixture according to the instructions on the packet. (I needed to add three eggs, 3/4 cup of sunflower or canola oil and 1 cup of milk.)
3. Fill the oranges to just below the brim and put their tops back on.
4. Carefully wrap each orange cake individually with tin foil and place them in the hot coals for about thirty minutes, turning regularly.
5. The oils in the orange peel flavour the cakes and they also get a slightly woody taste. Very yummy and a real show-stopper!
Use the rest of the cake mix to make a Vanilla loaf.