Tuna Salad Ingredients
- 500 g tuna fish fillets about 2,5 cm thick
- 1 cup rocket leaves
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 300 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 30 ml fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp fish spice
- Salt, freshly ground black pepper and fish spice to taste
1. Combine the oil, orange juice, salt and pepper in a bowl.
2. Put the Tuna in a zip-lock bag and pour in the marinade.
3. Turn the fish gently to coat evenly.
4. Marinade for at least 30 minutes and for up to two hours.
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 30 ml fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbsp orange rind
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp garlic chives chopped
- 20 Kalamata olives
- 30 ml capers
- 30 ml chopped parsley, garlic chives and bean sprouts, to garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Combine all the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
2. Adjust the seasoning.
3. Set aside until serving.
Tuna Salad Method
1. Heat a heavy based grill pan and grill the marinated tuna for 3 to
2. Seer for 4 minutes on each side for rare or until the required degree of doneness. (Tuna is usually served fairly rare.)
4. Slice the Tuna into bite-size chunks.
5. Divide the spinach and rocket leaves between four plates and sprinkle with a little vinaigrette.
6. Top with the Tuna and then spoon over the vinaigrette, (including the capers and olives,) keeping a little to serve separately.
7. Garnish with garlic chives, bean sprouts and serve immediately.