Today is National Anzac day in Australia and so I thought I’d prepare the traditional Anzac biscuits here, but with a little twist of added orange and almonds. Try them! They’re gorgeous!
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup flaked almonds, chopped
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 125 g butter
- ¼ cup syrup
- 1 tsp orange essence
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- ½ tsp bicarb
- 1 Tbsp orange juice
1. Mix the flour, oars, coconut, flaked almonds and brown sugar together.
2. Melt the butter and add the syrup and stir until melted.
3. Add the bicarb and stir.
4. Add the orange essence and orange zest.
5. Bind together with a little orange juice.
6. Roll into balls on a greased baking tray.
7. Press lightly with a fork, leaving enough space to spread whilst baking.
8. Bake @ 150 degrees C for 20 mins until golden brown.