Nothing reminds me quite so much of Christmas as masses of hydrangeas in the garden and their sumptuous arrangements in vases all through the home…and of course the ubiquitous festive poinsettia in the hearth.
This cocktail party drink, Poinsettia was gleaned from one of my favourite cookery books, Nigella Christmas and adapted using our home-made Cointreauband and freshly squeezed orange juice. It can easily become a mocktail by eliminating the Cointreau and using sparkling grape juice instead of course.
- 1 bottle or 750 ml Prosecco or and sparkling dry wine.
- 125 ml Cointreau Cointreaband
- 500 ml Cranberry juice
- 500 ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- Orange slices and mint leaves to garnish
- Ice cubes to serve
1. Pour the Cranberry juice and Orange juice into a large glass jug and stir in the Cointreau.
2. Top with ice cubes and a few sprigs of mint leaves.
3. When ready to serve pour halfway into wine glasses or champagne flutes and top with the chilled Prosecco or Sparking wine.