I first tasted this dish at Granny Mose Country hotel in the Kwa Zulu Natal Midlands, close to our home and have recreated it here.
- 150 ml Orange Marmalade *See recipe Old Fashioned Marmalade
- 200 g prepared couscous
- 4 lamb chops
- 1Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp sunflower oil
- Mediterranean vegetables of your choice e.g.
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 brinjal, cubed
- 4 baby marrows, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- ½ butternut, cubed
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 3 sprigs of Thyme and Rosemary
1. Make sure that you have prepared your marmalade. *
2. Prepare all your vegetables, place them in a roasting pan, season well and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Roast them for 30 minutes at 180 degrees C.
4. Prepare the couscous and spoon onto a large platter.
5. Pan-fry the chops in a little butter and sunflower oil. Drizzle with marmalade.
6. Spoon the roast vegetables over the couscous and then add the lamb chops.
7. Add the feta and sprigs of herbs.
8. Finally drizzle with Balsamic vinegar and toss gently.