I was lucky enough to have an absolutely wonderful mother-in-law of Irish descent, Hazel Moira Hutchison who was my first major inspiration in both cooking and decor. As a tribute to Hazel, I am including her delicious home-made mint jelly which is a wonderful accompaniment to my marmalade lamb roast and any lamb dish for that matter.Marmalade Rosemary glazed Lamb chops; Marvellous Marmalade Roast Lamb
- 1 kg cooking apples
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup fresh mint, chopped finely
- 1/4 tsp green food colouring (optional)
1. Cook the apples whole (including the skin and pips) in 2 cups of water in 2 cups of water until mushy.
2. Remove from the heat and press through a sieve.
3. Return to the pot and add the water and sugar. Boil for about 15 minutes or until it jellies.
4. Add 1 cup of mint and mix through.
5. Finally add a little green food colouring if desired.
You can also add 1 tsp gelatine powder if you prefer it to be more stiff.