- 50 ml butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 5 ml cumin
- 2 butternuts, cubed
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 litre chicken stock
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- Salt white pepper and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 80ml sour cream or crème fraîche
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds, roasted
1. Melt the butter in a large pot and sauté the onions and cumin until soft and translucent.
2. Add the butternut and potatoes and fry for a few minutes.
3. Then add the stock, cover and allow to simmer for about 30 minutes.
4. Using a hand blender, blend the soup until smooth, adding the orange juice and zest.
5. Check the seasoning. Pour into bowls and sprinkle with roasted pumpkin seeds.
6. Swirl with a little sour cream or crème fraîche.
Enjoy with freshly made Croutons * or Cheese, Onion and Herb loaf. Cheese, Onion and Herb loaves