I think this home-made orange curd is even more delicious than lemon curd with its more subtle tangy flavour. So simple to prepare and bottled up goodness on a piece of crusty bread or a freshly baked scone.
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp butter
- A pinch of salt
1. Place the orange juice, zest, sugar, butter and salt in a double boiler.
2. Stir well and heat until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat. Add two beaten eggs to the mixture and whisk together.
3. Return to the heat and stir constantly until it thickens.
4. Bottle and store in the refrigerator.
5. Lovely on hot toast, freshly baked scones or spooned over vanilla ice-cream.