- 6 small carrots, cut lengthwise
- 2 eggplants, cut into thick strips
- clove of garlic, chopped finely
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 oranges, segmented
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh rocket
- 2 cups mixed baby greens
- ¼ cup fresh coriander to serve
- salt and pepper to taste
Salad dressing: Citrus Vinaigrette
1. Preheat the oven to 190 °C.
2. Spread the prepared vegetables on a baking sheet, add garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Place the baking sheet in the oven for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile peel the oranges and cut into segments, Slice the onions finely.
4. Place the rocket and mixed baby greens on a platter. Add the prepared crrots, eggplant, orange, onion and coriander.
Add the salad dressing just before serving or serve separately on the side.
Recipe adapted from “Purple Pride” on www.lovemysalad.com