My partner Rory McGrath recreated this recipe for me from memory and it is really delicious served as an accompaniment to a roast pork or roast duck.
- 750 ml orange juice
- 750 ml water
- 750 ml sugar
- Fruit and rind of 2 oranges (no pith)
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, peeled and grated
- pinch of salt
1. Prepare and then add all the ingredients together in a large saucepan.
2. Bring to the boil and then turn down to medium heat.
3.Simmer for about 45 minutes or until gel stage is reached.
4. Sieve and bottle.
5. Serve with roast pork or roast duck.